In a life-threatening emergency - Dial 911 from a campus or public telephone or use an emergency call box.
Dial 911 from your cell phone (Off Campus) and Dial 859-622-1919 or 859-622-1111 from your cell phone (On Campus). Program these numbers into the speed dial function of your cell phone.
- Protect Yourself First - Create and manage distance and shielding from threats. Generally, the farther you move away from a threat, and the more solid and stable objects that you position between you and a threat, the safer you are from that threat.
- Call 911 or 859-622-1919 or 859-622-1111.
- Describe the nature of the incident and its location.
- Describe any injuries, weapons, hazards, devices, and property involved.
- Describe the people involved, where they are, and where they went.
- Stay on the line with the Dispatcher until help arrives.
- Keep the Dispatcher updated on any changes so responding units can be updated.
- Even if you cannot communicate, keep the line open.
- The Dispatcher may be able to learn more about what is happening.